Since I have been running the Ventura betas for months now, I have pretty well forgotten Monterey, but my observations are:
  • Over time I learned to understand and like the changes in Catalina, Big Sur, and Monterey. I loved Ventura since I first booted it up.
  • I have been running beta release macOS versions since the original Mac OS X Public Beta and Ventura has been the least problematic beta I can recall. It was stable in public beta 1 (developer beta 3), and has only become more stable with each subsequent beta update.
  • The most significant new feature in Ventura is Stage Manager, and in my opinion, it is a game changer. Stage Manager is dead simple to use, took three seconds to turn it on, and after less than five minutes of use, I never wanted to turn it off. It is difficult to explain and at the same time immediately intuitive when you turn it on. This feature alone is enough to make Ventura a worthwhile upgrade, it has literally changed my entgire workflow.
  • The most in your face change in Ventura is the switch from System Preferences to System Settings. Not that much new, but a reshuffle of the various settings more in line with iOS and iPadOS, and most definitely the wave of the future.
  • There is nothing in Ventura that should affect or change the way things are running in Monterey.

Everyone around here should know by now that I am a firm believer in taking advantage of every upgrade and update. But this is one I can heartily recommend, even for the faint of heart.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein