"Adding anti-malware software"

Thanks JOe, not implying, that, I don't even have the paid malware plus, just saying that Etra claims to handle this , and I cannot find that , can you? Not big issue.

OK confirm: "We used to avoid putting too much on the internal drive"

Was not aware of that change until, today! With you confirming it, but was kind of deducing that in last few days. There is no announcement online "hey better now to keep your data on the internals SSD now... as you have been told not to do for last 10 years...

Ironically, I paid the extra $200 for a 1TB internal because I was using Parallels which huge; which discovered wont work anymore with old copy of Dreamweaver so in short, I have 750GB of free internal!

"you are unlikely to be aware of the difference"... I would guess that is true, In fact today, just clicking a test file I put in internal, got that little short beachball. And as mentioned the little beachballing comes up on icloud finder.. So maybe don't bother filling up that 750GB? Opinion?

My main word/ excel data folder (kevs documents) etc is 125GB I could put it in there, but maybe not even bother, ?

And the important images work on folder is no 400GB, (and growing) I could "squeeze it in too" , but would you bother?.. or just leave them on the massive new 8TB external?