Joe, thanks.

Etra, malware, like me, you have no idea what he is talking about in that Etra will tell you if you have Malware. No real obvious check..
(ok I use Malwarebytes, but would be nice since etra brings it up to know if there really)

Again, would you say that Etrecheck Pro, with the Power User then covers virtually everything System monitor plus/ Mac Power Monitor does? And maybe then those latter ones are not needed at all?

Finally, ok I have 3/4 TB on my 1TB SSD empty. Am I correct, I think decade ago people put data on Mac HD, but then 5 years ago the prevailing wisdom when came out with first internals SSD (only 500GB), was to not put important date on Mac HD, right? But now that you can get 1TB and more and with power of M1 it's gone back to yes go ahead and put you most important data on Mac HD since larger and internal, SSD, and M1?

Honestly, though I've testing opening big files in Photoshop, word , excel files on the internal SSD, VS. external mechanical, HD, and still don't see much of a difference. And I still don't think putting this data on the SSD internal will, solve this new M1 beachball issue. Ultimately we cannot find a villian or culprit for this.... It just is.. and annoying, goes away for couple days, but then back.. crazy. Who would think buy new apple computer and more beachballs than old computer.... baffling.... But done key things: Put each external in it's up port, trimmed apps, isolated the USB 2 to just the hub with mouse etc...etc, etc, no real culprit.. yet.