Originally Posted By: cyn
1) Private messages are disabled mostly because I don't think hosting private conversations is a good use of site resources. (If UBBT 7.5.3 had an option to allow PMs only to and from staff I'd go for that but no such luck.) Members can include a public email address in their profiles if they like the option of communicating privately with other FTM members.

Hate to drag this topic up, but rather than start a new one, I did a search and found this.

Private Messages really don't take up that much resources. Plus, you can limit the amount that a person can send/receive, thereby keeping a cap on the amount of resources if you are worried about that.

Private messages are a great way for people to communicate without cluttering up a thread with their private conversations.

And as far as email, personally I don't like to give out mine until I know someone. It helps keep out the weirdos/stalkers. And I can't/won't post it in the forums...so how would I let the other person know my email address or ask them for theirs?

[url=Http://www.jbrphotography.com][url=Http://www.jbrphotography.com][url=Http://www.jbrphotography.com]Http://www.jbrphotography.com[/url][/url][/url]