Since DriveDX was working on keys' iMac and is not working on keys' M1 Mac mini, I am going under the assumption that the USB S.M.A.R.T. driver either did not survive the migration process or is incompatible with M1 Macs. From items noted when I installed DriveDX on an M1 Mac I do know there were at least some compatibility issues in the USB S.M.A.R.T. driver that were resolved in the USB S.M.A.R.T. driver version included in the DriveDX download and part of the DriveDX installation process. I do not know how to re-initiate the driver install but, from personal experience, I know that the version previously installed on my M1 Mac mini and currently running on my Mac Studio does work. There certainly could be no harm in installing the stand-alone driver, I am confident it is the likely progenitor of the driver in DriveDX but, without knowing more about the internals of both and the issues DriveDX had to overcome, I don't know if the version you are recommending is compatible with both DriveDx and M1. I do know the version in DriveDX is compatible. My question is, why are you opposed to reinstalling DriveDX?

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein