Originally Posted by kevs
"F1 & F2 on the keyboard control brightness."

Joe don't think work with 3rd party monitors, F1, 2 brightness keys not working with old Viewsonic use with laptop, and not working with new Asus. (should they?)

For one reason or another, I quit using the brightness keys years ago in favor of the Displays pane in system Preferences, and generally find the Auto adjust brightness wprls tp my taste.

Originally Posted by keys
Drive X only bringing up Mac HD, none of externals, none. One external is indeed plugged right into back of Mac Mini -- still not showing in Drive X. Two others are now in hub as only two type A port. But even hub should show in drives X?

Reinstall DriveDX. DriveDX uses to access S.M.A.R.T. date on USB drives that needs to be reinstalled.

Agree Joe, kind slight bummer, the '"new" computer says 2020 in about Mac, sucks right? I guess for resale, you just tell the world you got it in 2022 not 2020.

Your iMac is a 2020 model and there is no 2022 model. If you tried to sell me a 2022 Mac mini, I would report you to the police for committing a fraud. It is a specific hardware design and configuration and may be sold for several years.

Don't notice many speed bumps yet, what for example would you notice in speed? (I don't do video editing... etc)

The first place I notice speed enhancment is in the length of time it takes to load a large application or file. You also might see faster web page rendering times, but too often that is limited by the speed of your internet connection, independent of processing speed. While it is not so obvious to the user, the speed with which data can be moved between the processors, memory, and storage is the reason an M1 with 8GB of memory can effortlessly handle tasks that would challenge Intel Macs with 32GB of memory.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein