Joe / Ira thanks, update. So boxed the LG returned to local UPS.

Then later day went into a Best Buy and bought same exact monitor as it's only one in store 27" and it worked there!. But this one did adjust... seems two philip screws need to be inserted, totally non intuitive and you would never guess -- sales guy agreed, should be sticker on back about that. So here it is now home, not plugged it in yet. $300 on sale

I wish it turned rotated side to side, the ASUS does that $500, and that is boxed up ready for return. The ASUS facebook team said they might help me but never called, and don't care. PIty , as seemed nice, impossible to put screen on Asus, though, no support unless take full day off and are well rested.

Joe: LG comes with huge white block called switching adapter, can't even guess what it is. The LG II returned I think had cables for Type A, but new on got LG, not there, missing? ; but don't need those right? Best use HmDI, why would ever need Type A? 2 ports on back of the LG type A (it did have the hmdi, and type C cable thankfully not missing)

Final question, Joe, you think LG will be plug in play? Later I have calibration too just got by Color Checker (x rite), but hoping LG is just plug and play easy, for printing, viewing etc. There 30 page manual.. oh boy... and shudder thinking about contact LG with questions... And.. now think about it, keyboard which controls raising- lowering brightness no longer work correct? Have to find that on the LG? (don't see any button anywhere on LG ro adjust anything...)

The online manual says: " monitor drive, on screen control drivers recommended), and then website says they dont have them
https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-27UP80B-W.AUS

Last edited by kevs; 08/04/22 12:38 AM.