UNIVERSAL CONTROL IS BACK

Universal Control was touted in Monterey (macOS 12) but didn't become functional until macOS 12.5. It disappeared in Ventura (macOS 13 public beta 1) but has returned to life in macOS 13 and iPadOS 16 public beta 2! Like Stage Manager, the power of Universal Control is difficult to describe to someone who has not experienced it. But for many users, it is a potential game changing feature. Activation simply requires turning on an iPad Pro running iPadOS 16 on within Bluetooth range of a Mac running macOS 13. At that point, moving the pointer past the right edge of the Mac's monitor or the left edge of the iPad Pro's screen, transfers keyboard and keypad or mouse control between the two devices. Since the two devices also automatically share the clipboard and open Safari pages, sharing data processed on one device is almost instantly available on the other. A drawing created using Apple. Pencil on the iPad Pro can be pasted into a document on the Mac. I am still working out work-flows between the two devices, but yesterday, I balanced my books on the Mac while verifying the transactions using the bank's app on my iPad then signed a contract on my Mac by signing it using Apple Pencil on the iPad. I could have done both tasks entirely on one device or the other, but it was just so darned convenient to split the work between the two devices. grin

The only downside is keeping track of which screen the cursor is on,

"All you've got to do is own up to your ignorance
honestly, and you'll find people who are eager to
fill your head with information"
--Walt Disney