Originally Posted by kevs
What is all over my head, but leaning to maybe not going to the appointment, see. JUst buying new...

Personally, I would not want to spend any money on a computer that old and anything beyond running superficial diagnostics will cost you money.

Originally Posted by keys
Diagnostic not come up as I said, any idea of that? Bad sign? Hold down D on reboot, no diagnostic.

As I said previously the diagnostic software is not on your computer and when you boot to the diagnostic you must select your WiFi network and enter the password so it can be downloaded.

1 TB, good only $200 more, concur.

I think it is a reasonable price, but if you are counting pennies, remember you can always add an external SSD later on. I had a 512 GB SSD in my M1 Mac mini and added a 1 TB external SSD dedicated to my database.

$100 more for 10gb ethernet? I do used dedicated corded ethernet, not sure what 27 " is right now bringing in. My guess is 5 GB is fine?

Unless you live in an industrial computer farm, it is highly unlikely that you have or ever will have 10 GB Ethernet, so save your money. (Spend it on a larger or better monitor)

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein