Originally Posted by kevs
But you agree that 1TB way to go? Ah.. see don't offer a 1tb oddly... strange in Mac Mini maxes at 512... ( Imagine if few years on you could put one in there.) .. $900 plus $400 tops for 27" LG monitor and camera... $1300 tops.

Both the 16 GB Memory (RAM) and the 1 TB drive (drive) are custom build options, not carried in stores but available for order online from the Apple Store. (Even B&H had to custom order the 1TB drive to have in their store.) From your description of what you do, the 512 GB drive should be enough because you can always add an external drive if it is needed, but I would get the 16 GB Memory as there is no way to add additional memory.

Originally Posted by keys
Or... 24", have to see that in store if get used to 24" research on 24" could get ...$2100 to have 1TB in there.... $800 more get nice Apple look, but smaller screen, and bigger internal from get but not great value.. I've never done mac mini but, probably go that route....[quote]

Ah.. can get 1tb at least BH, not sure see that on apple site (prefer getting from apple, and get 16 ram)..
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1604805-REG/apple_z12n_mgnr_07_bh_mac_mini.html

See my previous link to the Apple Store. No matter what monitor you choose get at least 4K resolution. Thunderbolt is nice because of the extra ports they provide, but HDMI is less expensive and works just fine.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein