Originally Posted by kevs
Thanks Joe, ok weird errors getting were caused I think by not do email thing right. On I just put normal email in both to and from. But then gotta do server name, port, and user, and pass in there.. too?

Enter your email address under both to and from then click the radio button labeled "Send using Apple Mail" and leave the SMTP server information blank.

Originally Posted by keys
Now for settings, what recommend... pretty hairy/ complex on that too.... percentages... I think you posted before, but don't mind posting again.. not sure you previous screenshot on that was complete.? .. lot of percentages to choose.. What are the settings you want that basically say you are a getting close to failure... and /or there setting maybe let you know when also "issue" stating up?

The default settings are to send a report when...
  • a drive fails (that is not a warning, it is a statement of fact. The drive should be taken out of service immediately to prevent further damage to the system.)
  • the overall health rating falls below 30%
  • the drive overall performance rating falls below 50%
  • the overall lifetime rating falls below 20%
  • a drive self test is completed
  • available space falls below 10%

Those values are based on a variety of factors. If you want to fully comprehend what that is about, find a convenient university with a computer engineering department and enroll. Assuming you are a full-time student within a couple of years, you should have a reasonable grasp of the what, where, and why of S.M.A.R.T. and NVME. Alternatively, you could, as most of us do, accept the necessary knowledge has been programmed into DriveDX, accept the default settings, and trust DriveDX's conclusions.

Originally Posted by keys
Odd no not slider or something about send report when see new "issue" is for example issue, overheating, don't notify on issues?

DriveDX quite properly reports a condition like overheating each time it occurs. If your car engine overheated, wouldn't you want to know about it, or would you be content to let it continue to overheat until the engine seizes up completely?

"All you've got to do is own up to your ignorance
honestly, and you'll find people who are eager to
fill your head with information"
--Walt Disney