Originally Posted by kevs
Great info JOe, thanks. Final question on those side apps: if have Daisy Disk, not even sure how often use it, but keep it.. Would bother getting or trying... DMA also to see if nice looking? -- you've compared DD to DMA?

I used DD for a few years and only discovered DMA recently. Both are excellent apps and do essentially the same job in a very similar manner. DMA has a touch more features, but in some ways feels a tad rougher around the edges. I got it because I tried its sister app, App Uninstaller when the uninstaller app I had used previously priced itself out of my market, and found that it did what I wanted, and I liked it. To be truthful there is little to choose between DD and DMA, but I found I was using DMA instead of DD without even thinking about it, so after a while, in a fit of good disk-keeping, I deleted DD. (One of the better features of the app store is I am still registered as having purchased DD, so if ever decide to revert, I can download it again for no charge, unless there has been a major upgrade that is. smile )

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein