Originally Posted by kevs
Thanks Joe:

" I was unaware of the enhanced functionality in about This Mac > Storage until you brought it up."

Well do you think is basically as good as Disk Map Analyzer? Or better, cleaner?

On icloud storage, dang apple rep just told me does not take space on my limited macbook air.. oh well... I'm keeping it very limited so far.. to 25G or so, but drive only 245, so have to watch out..
Sorry, kevs, I intended to respond to your question that joemike just answered, but I lost track of it, so I'll pick up the ball now...

About This Mac > Storage is nowhere near as functional as DD, DMA, or GP, because unlike the 3rd party apps it's a hunt and peck solution rather than a visual presentation.

Since the primary purpose of these apps is to find a mysterious item that's so large that it stands out, you're far more likely to be successful searching one of these presentations than poking around About This Mac > Storage. (DD is on top, GP on the bottom.)

I note that the three solutions I've dealt with return differing results, but I can't determine the exact nature of the differences. DD looks to be the most complete presentation, and ATM>S the least, though.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire