Originally Posted by artie505
Originally Posted by Ira L
Personally, I use Grand Perspective to find the files I want to delete (their location on the drive is shown)....
How on Earth do you find specific files with GP?

Granted that its results are presented in groupings, but how do you find specific files within those groupings, i.e., is there something I've missed?

Each rectangle in GrandPerspective is an individual something. Admittedly some rectangles/squares are very tiny, but moving the cursor over any of them reveals the path (shown at the bottom of the GP window). If you click on any of them the arrow cursors can then be used to move you around. I was able to pinpoint an individual photo in Photos just to give you an idea of specificity.

I would not use GrandPerspective to locate a file I was looking for in advance; there are better tools for that. But if you are looking for large "things" in general, they can be selected/highlighted even within groupings. My comment "to find the files I want to deleteā€¦" may have been misleading. The files I want to delete are probably the large ones GP comes up with, not something I had in mind beforehand.

On a Mac since 1984.
Currently: 24" M1 iMac, M2 Pro Mac mini with 27" BenQ monitor, M2 Macbook Air, MacOS 14.x; iPhones, iPods (yes, still) and iPads.