Originally Posted by kevs
Thanks guys, well big fan of Joe Kissel books, Joe think Electric light as good on M1 as the take control of book?

Eclectic is more of a blog and changes updates frequently and typically address specific issues. I am not familiar with Joe Kissel (The last printed book on computers I read one of O'Reilly Publishing's Missing Manual series years before they became O'Reilly Media and went almost entirely online) but he has a good reputation. The problem with hard copy these days is the information is almost invariably out-of-date before the book reaches the shelves. On the other hand books like his are generally more comprehensive and organized for learning. Sort of the the difference between a undergraduate level college course and a graduate-level colloquium. (Can you tell I was a university lecturer in one of my previous careers?)

Originally Posted by keys
Never thought read lot about hardware.. but I guess not bad idea..

It all depends on what level you want to get into the technology, but some knowledge of hardware can help solve some software problems.

Originally Posted by keys
That diagram, could not understand..

Which diagram? If you are referring to the one on startup options your learning style may be more text than graphically oriented. In that case, forget all you knew about startup options on Intel Macs and keep a link to this Apple Knowledge Base handy until you have used it enough that it becomes second nature. (Just be aware that it takes seven times longer to unlearn incorrect knowledge and relearn the correct knowledge than it took to learn it in the first place, so be patient with yourself.)

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein