Originally Posted by MG2009
Artie:

Read the articles in the links. These explain about INTEL vs M1. My take-away is that Monterey and Intel do not "play nice." But do let me know if you have a different take on what the articles are saying . . . I could have misread.

i.e. ARTICLE WITHIN AN ARTICLE : https://www.macworld.com/article/677067/some-monterey-features-dont-work-on-intel-macs.html
joemike's response is more or less the scholarly, teacherly version of what I'd have posted, but I'll add to it that the only item mentioned in your linked article that I see as possibly not playing nice/a deal breaker is
Originally Posted by Macworld
If you want to use AirPlay to send content to your Mac from an iPhone, iPad, or another Mac, or to use your Mac as an AirPlay speaker, you’ll need a....
because it sounds like if you haven't got the right Mac it may lead to a loss of functionality, which would, indeed, be a deal breaker.

Otherwise, the lack of functionality may be disappointing, but it isn't a case of "not playing nicely," and unless you've found substantive documentation of problems in the underlying OS, i.e., Monterey, I can't see any reason for you to not upgrade. (Nor do I recall any FTM posters reporting any issues that might dissuade you.)

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire