I researched this a year ago and can still buy the one I identified at that time. However before I commit to ordering it, I would really appreciate your opinions.

This is what I need:

1. Mono A4 laser printer

2. Must be networkable (i.e., will run off our Ethernet hub which connects all four Macs, and also (irrelevant in this context, the broadband.)

3. Must have drivers for both OS9 and OSX Tiger. (We have 4 Macs, two of each, all happily printing* at the moment.)

Tall order, huh?

I've found one:

This is it: http://www.brother.co.uk/g3.cfm/s_page/166900/s_level/38090/s_product/HL5240LZU1/s_detailType/specs

The only question I have, therefore, is, what does "High Speed USB" mean in this context. Yes I know what USB means.....does this spec mean that there is no ethernet connectivity? It looks like it.

Oh heck.

What I want is an A4, Mono, Laser, Network, OS9 AND OSX.

Now you can laugh.......

Somewhere else on the internet (I do my research) I've found a USB-Ethernet converter for Macs, maybe, I think. Is that relevant or a silly red-herring? Be nice, please. Thanks.

*the 4 Macs are perfectly happy but I can tell that the current Brother is getting geriatric. I know how to nurse it through its hissy-fits but this can't go on indefinitely.

I like Brother printers but am not averse to considering any other brand as long as it does all the things I need.

I hope this is coherent. It makes sense to me.

Thank You! <wrings hands>