Originally Posted by artie505
Why would I go to a Genius Bar an hour away when they will charge me me to poke around and then try to upset me a screen just in case that's it? Others have already used AppleCare and also gone to the Genius Bar with usually no help. Some of those that had their screen replaced said that worked. But it's very expensive and not worth it to me.
That's totally understandable, but it doesn't help Apple get any closer to identifying the problem.

You're right.

I told you a friend put Catalina on a thumb drive and I reinstalled Catalina with no difference in the camera showing up.
That's been addressed in your trash permissions thread. I just saw that earlier today and responded. Thanks.

If "n" Macs brought to the Genius Bar were diagnosed with the same issue, Apple would be vulnerable, but until that happens..."n" Macs?
"n" is a convention for an indeterminate number. Ah..

This seems like the sort of thing that might benefit from a dedicated Facebook page. Maybe so, but I don't use facebook and don't want to. Maybe I can suggest it the next time I'm on a forum regarding this issue if Apple will even see it.
I'll guess that if a Facebook page were to be created and generate significant interest, Apple would become aware of it and address it in some manner.
Yes, I will keep that in mind for problems that no one can seem to find an answer for on other forums. I will suggest it as lots of people actually do use Facebook though I hear they are losing lots of members.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8