Why would I go to a Genius Bar an hour away when they will charge me me to poke around and then try to upset me a screen just in case that's it? Others have already used AppleCare and also gone to the Genius Bar with usually no help. Some of those that had their screen replaced said that worked. But it's very expensive and not worth it to me.

They can only address a clearly defined problem, and from what you've said, none has been brought to the table. Is the number of people who've reported needing to have their screens replaced significant? How would I know that. From what I've read, it was mentioned that it's all over forums on the internet, not just Apple.com. I don't have access to stats.

Consider your own example: You don't want to travel to an Apple Store where they may be able to diagnose your problem, and you don't even want to go the troubleshooting distance in the form of a reinstallation or upgrade, so why should Apple even address your problem, let alone give you a new screen (an entire screen assembly [which I believe is the most expensive component in a MBP] because the camera isn't a separate, replaceable component), when they've got no idea what it actually is? I told you a friend put Catalina on a thumb drive and I reinstalled Catalina with no difference in the camera showing up.

If "n" Macs brought to the Genius Bar were diagnosed with the same issue, Apple would be vulnerable, but until that happens..."n" Macs?

The fact of the matter is that we know Apple won't address an issue that hasn't been conclusively determined to NOT have been caused by 3rd party software, and we further know that even when they've got their back to the wall they'll fight like cornered rats to avoid accepting responsibility. They've got to be compelled to face reality by customer uproar, and that won't happen until the Genius Bars - not the troubleshooting websites - have been overwhelmed with complaints. That's what I think it is. Their customer support is nothing like it used to be.

This seems like the sort of thing that might benefit from a dedicated Facebook page. [/quote] Maybe so, but I don't use facebook and don't want to. Maybe I can suggest it the next time I'm on a forum regarding this issue if Apple will even see it.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8