Originally Posted by plantsower
Do I just drag my Apple SSD icon into the un-named drive icon? Then I can use my SuperDuper because Catalina is not mentioned on my SuperDuper Drive. I thought I'd done that when I changed to Catalina but apparently I forgot to do that.

DO NOT DRAG ANYTHING TO THE UN-NAMED ICON

You are scaring me! This is an example of words that have multiple possible meanings and implications.

1. When you say drive icon you could be describing a disk partition, a disk image (.dmg), a folder, even a file. (You can determine exactly what an icon represents by selecting it an pressing ⌘I (Get Info) an on the resulting panel under General look for either the Kind)
  2. When you say un-named drive icon what is the icon and is it simply an icon with no nome attached or is the name attached to the icon Untitled? (Once again a Get Info should reveal the answer to this question)
  3. What are you trying to accomplish? Do you want to permanently remove whatever is represented by the icon or simply want to close it so that it is not showing on your desktop? Is there anything on the drive you wish to keep?

Once we have the answers to these questions and for each of these icons we can make informed recommendations. Until then all we can do is make a WAG (Wild A__ Guess)

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein