OK, I'll redo it and take a pic. There is no progress bar though, that's why I don't think anything was happening. I'm gonna wait until I start cooking dinner so I won't have to use my iMac which is in my office without a comfortable chair!

A funny thing happened when it was doing it's thing though. It did a test and then said there is either something wrong with your power adapter or it's not plugged in. Plug it in and we will check it. I did that. But I was told to disconnect everything, including the AC adapter (their words) before I ran the test. So, that made no sense. Anyway I finished following the commands but it really, really doesn't look like anything is happening. I'll try again.

Originally Posted by joemikeb
Originally Posted by plantsower
Followed the directions to run diagnostics. Finally clicked "get started." Now all I have is a blank page with a very long url that starts with file:'/System/Installation/CDIS/MacOS%20utilities.app/contents/Resources anf on and on it goes. Is something happening and I just can't see it? How long does it take? Good thing I have my iMac to post here for now.
  • Apple Diagnostics take a long time as they are testing every memory cell, every CPU function, etc.
  • How long depends on how much memory, how much storage, how fast the processor is, etc.
  • Each version of Apple Diagnostics is a little different so I can't say for sure ir what you are seeing is normal or not.
  • In general, as long as you see the progress bar the tests are still running. When completed it will either say "No Issues Found" laugh or a list of codes shocked If you get a list of problem codes then your only option is a trip to the Genius Desk at the Apple Store for full up diagnostics and repair or replacement. mad

If you are unsure, confused try taking a picture of your screen with your iPhone and posting that for us to see what we can discern.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8