Originally Posted by plantsower

Yes, I checked them before I got here. Camera didn't work there either.

The menu bar for any MacOS app is not in the application window, rather it is across the tripe of the screen and changes according to which app has the focus. However, since you are not getting past locating the Photos library, PhotoBooth probably isn't even getting to the point of launching the menu bar.

Originally Posted by plantsower
I ran tccutil reset Camera but nothing happened. In fact, I quit FaceTime before I did that and then turned it back on but no camera available. I'm beginning to think there is zero fix for this. In the past when I used Photo Booth it didn't ask for a library, it just showed my face because the camera was working.

It appears a lot of links in your system have become corrupted or lost altogether. I have some suspicions about The what, how, when but that would not fix anything. The question at this point is how to fix the problem without creating other problems. The most likely solution is to re-install your OS, but there are alternative ways of going about that…
  1. Booting from a clone, then erasing the HD on your computer and then clone back to the HD would likely be the quickest and easiest, but that would unquestionably have the highest risk of failure because it is very likely the clone is "broken" too.
  2. A reinstall following these instructions would more likely be successful, but depending on the underlying cause of the problems, might not "fix" anything.
  3. Assuming you have a good Time Machine backup a Nuke & Pave (the same instructions as in number 2 preceding, but using the Disk Utility in the Recovery drive to erase your Hard drive before installing the OS and recovering your data from the time Machine backup) has the highest probability of success at the expense of spending more time and effort in the process.
  4. a nuke & Pave recovering your data from a clone would be a little faster than using Time Machine, but the risk of replicating the problem is arguably somewhat greater.

Is it sufficiently obvious I am prejudiced in favor of option 3? grin But then you will be doing all the work.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein