There’s an interesting thing that happens with the sound inputs and outputs. Normally my computer’s Sound Prefs Input screen shows:

Internal Microphone Built-in
USB AUDIO CODEC USB

However with the Behringer device plugged in, there is a second CODEC, auto-selected with 'audio' in lower case.

USB Audio CODEC USB

Correspondingly, Sound Prefs Output shows:

Internal Speakers Built-in
USB Audio CODEC USB
USB AUDIO CODEC USB

I didn’t touch any of the above, figuring the iMac and the device probably know what they’re doing, so I let them be. My Amadeus prefs were different than normal with the lnput showing something new and quite different - “System Default” in bold lettering, auto-selected.

To record an on-line meeting, my signal path was iPad headset out (TRS connector) - to Behringer input (RCA phono plugs) - to iMac USB (on the back of the Mac, not a hub) - and everything appeared as expected in Amadeus Pro. I could monitor either by the iMac speakers or a headset output on the device. No need for extra software, new drivers, nada. It just worked.

After the session, my computer’s Input and Output screens in Sound Prefs reverted to normal settings.

One hint for anyone else who wants to get this device (which I heartily endorse) and who uses similar routing as me, you will not have input level controls in Amadeus. You will have the Amadeus VU meters showing what is incoming, but the controls will be locked. Your input level control will be the headset volume control on the originating machine.

Extras: For those with broader needs than mine (e.g. musicians) the Behringer device has additional outputs for other distribution….RCA phono and Optical. Nice.

Last edited by ryck; 12/18/21 04:26 PM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C