Howdy all. My Mac Pro seems to have up and kicked the bucket on me today. It was working fine, and while in the middle of switching users, the display dimmed and I got an error box pop up that said there was an error and to power off the computer (from the tower). Since then, it has repeatedly failed to start up, except one time in between numerous attempts, and that one time I promptly did a normal shutdown.

I have tried unplugging everything for a couple minutes, followed troubleshooting directions to reset the SMC, removed the battery on the logic board for a few minutes, reseated the RAM modules (which have been in place for a couple years easily... I replaced the originals myself for expansion), tried removing 2 of the 4 modules at a time to troubleshoot for bad modules... nothing works. I do not ever get the startup chime nor the Apple logo. The monitor (Apple Cinema Display) comes on, but stays "white" until tower is powered off.

At the moment, I'm guessing it could be a defective power supply. Barring that, the cpu or logic board is acting up. I'm certain it is not the drives. I'm going to leave it unplugged overnight and try again in the morning. If anyone has any further troubleshooting suggestions or insight, I'm all ears. Much appreciated!

Last edited by JustAnnuthaDewd; 11/22/09 05:48 AM.