Originally Posted by kevs
Curious you not like them? (sometimes I have issue no one else minds)

They initially took me by surprise, but I have no objection to them. For one reason or another I have recently found myself receiving phone calls when I am in the midst of doing something on the internet or another app on my iPhone and the new notification allows me the opportunity to accept or reject the call based on my personal priorities at the moment, and because I don't have any difficulty discerning the Accept and Reject icons, I have come to really like them.

In the past I have preferred the iPhone Max models on the theory their larger screens worked better with my big hands and elder eyes, but this time around I downsized to the standard iPhone 13 and to my surprise I found virtually no difference in usability between it and the iPhone 11 Max it replaced. Part of this is the improved screen resolution but another big part comes from the Accessibility settings I have chosen and now us on all my devices. You might find some of these may help you deal with the new banners. For what it is worth, the settings I use are...

Settings > Accessibility > Vision > Display & Text Size
  • Bold Text ON
  • Larger Text > Larger Accessibility Sizes [col or:#009900]ON[/color] (slider adjusted to mid-range)
  • ButtonShapes ON
  • On/Off Labels ON
  • Reduce Transparency ON
  • Increase Contrast ON
  • Differentiate Without Color ON
  • Smart Invert OFF
  • Classic Invert OFF
  • Color Filters OFF
  • Auto-Brightness ON

NOTE: In iOS 15 under Settings > Accessibility > General > Per-App Settings — most of these accessibility settings to be set uniquely for each or any app. So you can have different settings for each app.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein