It is not necessary to log in to Google for them to track you. All you have to do is access a website that uses Google tracking, Google analytics, or any one of a number of Google tools, or use a Google product such as Chrome or one of its derivatives. When that happens Google implants a cookie or more likely cookies and they go to work. Using cross-site tracking techniques those cookies remain active even when you leave the site where you were infected and track everywhere you go on any other thread — even those that are not infected. Unlike Facebook and its derivatives the results likely won't show up immediately and it may be many forms from snail mail delivered by the U.S. post office, telephone solicitation, text messages, ads that appear in Google's side-bar, as well as what appears in third party ad banners you see on line.

I just looked at my Safari Privacy Report and found 73% of the websites I visited in the last thirty days contacted trackers, twenty-one associated with my bank alone. Of the sixty-three trackers Safari blocked, seven are from Google.Googletagmanager.com and google.com topped the list, appearing on ten different sites each and Google accounted for three of the top five trackers.

"All you've got to do is own up to your ignorance
honestly, and you'll find people who are eager to
fill your head with information"
--Walt Disney