Originally Posted by plantsower
I found this link from an older Artie post but when I looked at it it's only 77 mb when the original STP for Catalina was 312 mb. Would it be the same thing? Why would it be less mbs?

STP catalina from MacUpdate
  • I have a personal prejudice against downloading anything from a software aggregator such as MacUpdate. I know Artie and others use them all the time, but I also know that it is possible to get more than you bargained for. Therfore, if at all possible I get my downloads either from the developer's web site or the App Store.
  • The currently supported version of Safari Technology Preview is Release 134 (Safari 15.4, WebKit 17613.1.6.1)
  • I downloaded the MacUpdate version from the link you provided, and it turned out to be a 103.3 MB compressed disk Image installer file while STP Release 134 for Monterey directly from Apple is 111.3 MB. I don't know where you got either the 77 MB or 312 MB download sizes but one looks suspiciously low and the very suspiciously high.
  • From the release notes, it appears Apple has withdrawn STP for Catalina and folded any changes into Safari in Apple Security Release 2021-007 Catalina

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein