Originally Posted by joemikeb
I live 28 miles (34 minutes by car) from where the reported event took place and The Washington Post report is the first I have seen or heard of it. It did make the local news but otherwise it was apparently pretty much ignored. This time of year these fruitcakes attract a lot more attention around here than the ones in Dallas.

When my wife's grandfather came over on the boat as a little boy with his parents, they landed in Corsicana, Texas. Who knows why? But every year around this time he would send out to his children and grandchildren a fruitcake from Corsicana to commemorate that event. I miss the fruitcakes. And oh yes, grandpa too. He and his parents soon caught a train to New York, which derailed on the way there resulting in an eventual monetary compensation to the passengers which allowed the family to begin another enterprise. But that is a story for another post. smirk

On a Mac since 1984.
Currently: 24" M1 iMac, M2 Pro Mac mini with 27" BenQ monitor, M2 Macbook Air, MacOS 14.x; iPhones, iPods (yes, still) and iPads.