Originally Posted by joemikeb
Originally Posted by artie505
...but my notifications don't appear in the upper right hand corner of my screen as they did the first time I upgraded. Have you got any idea why?

I have no immediate idea why so I have questions instead of answers:
  1. Do you mean the notifications don't appear at all or appear but in a different location?
  2. If they are appearing in a different location, where is that location? (screenshot?)
  3. Are these banners or alerts or both?
  4. If these are from a specific app look at the Notification grouping settings that app in System Preferences > Notifications?
This is about Mail and Messages alerts.

My Notification settings for both look like this, but whereas the alerts were automatically visible in the upper right hand corner of my screen the first time I upgraded, I now see only what appears when I click on the clock. The settings for both apps are the same, and checking "Show in Notification Center" doesn't change anything.

The ironic thing is the first time I upgraded, the alerts appeared as expected, but my Automator workflow to close them with a key command didn't, and this time around, the workflow runs, but the alerts don't appear. (I reinstalled Big Sur, and the digital clock is no longer greyed out.)

Last edited by artie505; 09/30/21 08:39 PM. Reason: More

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire