Originally Posted by joemikeb
I don’t know if I answered your question or not, but that is my story and I am sticking with it.
My needs are much simpler than yours....I only track credit card spending. Every time I make a charge it is entered into Quicken and I have an ongoing tally of spending. If I want to go back and see what I paid for something, it’s a simple report. Ditto if I want to know how much I’ve spent over the years at a particular vendor.

I don't download from any financial institutions and I don’t do any in-depth analysis of spending trends or investments, et cetera. Nada. I just need to have a version of Quicken that will work with current and future operating systems - much as I’ve used Quicken 2007 all these years, only once having to update (2016, I think).

The flaw in my plan to "buy once and never again" is that downloads end after a one year subscription. That is why I’d like to know that, if my Quicken blew up, I could just re-install what I had. Hence this question:

Originally Posted by ryck
Quicken offers a back-up disk for a few bucks extra which, on the surface seems like the perfect solution EXCEPT I don't know if the disk is still useful after a year. Does it (or, could it) have code that makes the disk non-functional after a year?

Last edited by ryck; 08/29/21 12:32 AM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C