To start, I have no business, financial or other vested interest in B & H.

I’ve been going through large boxes of old prints in order to have just the “keepers” for digitizing, and trash the balance (Geez, did I really take that many bad shots?).

Storing the keepers needed to be upgraded from something other than large plastic boxes, and I found something I thought perfect, except the vendor insisted on applying a customs brokerage fee that was more than double the shipping fee. I tried explaining that the item was not subject to customs duties under the CUSMA rules and therefore did not need processing through a brokerage.

They insisted I was wrong, so I removed the item from my basket and continued shopping.

Over time at FTM I have heard Jon and others talk about good experiences at B & H Photo, so I looked there and found an even better item. Their website also advised, in the description, that it was tax-free under CUSMA. What a hitch-free experience. I placed the order on the 14th and it arrived yesterday - New York through customs and across the border to the Okanagan Valley in a week. Perfect.

Last edited by ryck; 07/21/21 04:42 PM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C