Originally Posted by kevs
I have the set to off. What you have it set to? I don't understand it at all.
When you say "I have the set to off", what do you have set to OFF? There is no on or off switch for the bubbles. They appear when you either…
  1. press and hold to send arrow or
  2. you press hard on the send arrow

Originally Posted by keys
How test this. Can you send screenshot? I think that's what I normally do touch the send arrow, what did I do then by mistake?
You are probably pausing too long on the send icon. Just a quick tap is all that is needed to send a message. Pause a half second or so and the option to send the "bubbles" comes up.

As I mentioned before you can adjust the length of time it takes for your phone to detect a long press in Settings > Accessibility > Touch Accommodations by...
  1. Turning Touch Accommodations ON and
  2. Adjusting Hold Duration and Tap Assistance Gesture Delay

...until it works best for you. WARNING: this will effect all touch actions on your phone not just the send and if you get overly enthusiastic in the settings it can make the phone very difficult to use, so think in terms of a few hundredths of a second when making adjustments, be patient, and sneak-up on your ideal settings.

Originally Posted by keys
What do even call this issue. I write it down in notes: How to prevent the goofy bubbles and other children stuff from taking over your outgoing message?
Apple calls it a "feature" and advertises it as such.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein