When I plug an ethernet cable into my new MacBook Pro, I have perfect access to the internet and my home network.

However, when I connect to my wireless network, I have limited access. I can see computers acting as file servers on the network, connect to them, and open/save files. And I get full internet access. However some TCP/IP services are not available. For example, I cannot print to an LPR-based printer. Nor can I ping that printer. I can't even successfully ping the file server I just connected to. The only things I know I can ping are my Airport Extreme and my network router.

I have laptops which have been on the network for some time. They have full access to all services. So, this is not a global network problem. I have been fishing for solutions:

* Maybe I was somehow connected to an Airport guest network? Nope. Guest network isn't on and, if I were connected that way, I wouldn't be able to access local file servers.
* Maybe I had some weird setup in the router for a particular IP address? Nope. Can't find one and I tried manually configuring my IP address with a never used address. Same access.

I have no clue. I'm not even sure if the problem lives in the laptop or the Airport. I figured I would start here because there might be more network sophistication here.

Can anyone help?

Thanks much!