I chatted with OWC tech support a few weeks ago. It was the first time I had contacted them in many years. Based on my experience training tech support engineers for Microsoft, I observed...
  • The technician is a native American English speaker (nothing against non-native speakers, but it reduces the chances for mis-communications)
  • He was having to look up the answers to my question (which beats the h3✓✓ out of making up an answer on the fly)
  • I had the impression he may have been handling more than one conversation at a time and was a bit distracted.
  • In the end he answered my questions
  • but he did NOT solve my problem, but I was convinced there was not an answer I would be satisfied with.

On the other hand, I have had extended exchanges (lasting weeks if not months) with SoftRAID (a wholly owned subsidiary of OWC) working through getting SoftRAID to work on M1 Macs running Big Sur and more recently Monterey. They have proven very responsive, knowledgeable, patient, and helpful — even to the extent of supporting their product on a beta OS version. (Many companies hang up when they find I am on a beta OS or sieze the opportunity to scold me for wasting their time).

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein