I purchased two iPhone SE Gen2 from OWC. During the decision-making process, I had questions that Customer Service said could only be answered by Technical Support. However, I wrote to Tech Support twice over a period of 8 or 10 days but no one ever responded. I tried the "Chat" route but, after an interminable wait, finally gave up. In the end I had to get the answers from a third party.

The value of my order was $578 and the OWC website says: "Special $12.95 Shipping to Canada: This option is available on orders of at least $199.00 USD via the Purolator International: PuroPost shipping method." Apparently not. My order was nearly triple the requirement but I was charged $38.18 and, when I wrote to get an explanation, no one responded.

After several days waiting for a written reply, I used the "Chat" method. I was told: "Shipping costs will vary depending on the items purchased. Since the items that have been purchases are high ticket items, shipping will be more expensive." That sounded nonsensical, so I asked the logical question: "At what dollar value do higher rates start to kick in?" but could not get an answer.

I wonder if OWC has just got too fat to care.

Last edited by ryck; 07/09/21 01:24 AM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Ventura 13.6.3
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C