Originally Posted by joemikeb
Whether CCC can survive or not is open to question. The enhanced snapshot management features together with data cloning/backup from my viewpoint make CCC the only viable competitor to Time Machine for backups, but Time Machine's integration into the OS itself make it really tough competition.
CCC's snapshot management gives it an edge over Time Machine by providing a GUI that enables you to access individual items, and (if my understanding is correct*) to take a limited version of TM on the road without having to carry your TM drive. (* Do CCC snapshot creation parameters affect your TM schedule?)

Would that plus data backup combine to make a useful app? Yes, but NOT the $40 cash cow that CCC is today.

And in a parallel universe...

I ran across this post from SuperDuper!'s Dave Nanian:
Originally Posted by Shirt Pocket Watch
We're happy (and, frankly, relieved) to announce the immediate availability of SuperDuper v3.5 Beta 1: our first version to fully support Big Sur backups.

That's right: bootable Big Sur backups for Intel and M1. Today! (Only in 11.4 on M1 Macs) (Emphasis added)
I didn't see any hardware caveats.

Any thoughts on that?

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire