Originally Posted by joemikeb
Originally Posted by Bob_00001
I saw on a compatibility list that iWeb won't work on anything newer than Sierra. I haven't tested this yet, but I will. My website is built with iWeb, and until I get around to converting the site to something else, I'll still need to run iWeb. Since it's not something that I use very frequently, it's no problem running it from an external drive.
iWeb was dropped ten years ago and hasn't worked on any version of MacOS for a long Tim now. FWIW I switched to Sparkle as the closest thing I could find to iWeb and it has only gotten better over the years since. At the time Wordpress was also widely recommended as an option to iWeb.

I second the recommendation on Sparkle. I too used to use iWeb and Sparkle has the ability to import sites created with iWeb. It is not 100% perfect, but close enough that the differences are not too cumbersome to correct. In addition, Sparkle offers numerous YouTube instructional videos.

I don't know what type of web site(s) you may be creating, but in my case, with software changes and imperfect imports of old materials, I found it easiest to use the new software to continue with wherever I left off on the web site and include links to the home page of the sites created with other old software software. I look at like (pardon the analogy smirk ) initially having created my site on parchment, then on paper, then on electronic medium; and the latter includes links to allow viewing the parchment and paper versions of the site. Of course if your site is more business oriented with product updates, etc. this may not work for you. But for a family site or solo business site, it could work.

On a Mac since 1984.
Currently: 24" M1 iMac, M2 Pro Mac mini with 27" BenQ monitor, M2 Macbook Air, MacOS 14.x; iPhones, iPods (yes, still) and iPads.