Originally Posted by freelance
I'm a non-thinking, gen pop sort of guy, so why have I never heard of Jake Paul until now? And why is someone trying to inject this litter into my brain against my will? I might have to punch someone in the nose, as this is a boxing thread.
You've apparently managed to either avoid frequenting websites that pop up links to bizarre characters like Jake Paul or to control yourself and not click on them.

Since this is a boxing thread, I thought the author's perspective on the state of the sport, particularly since he's a retired boxer, is pertinent.

In case you haven't been drawn to do any research: Jake Paul is a YouTube "star" whose professional resume lists three bouts with nobody, nobody, and nobody else, all of whom he's beaten. He offered Conor McGregor $50 million to get into the ring with him, was turned down, and, I believe, is now trying to drum up a match with any other big name MMA guy.

Jake's older brother Logan, also a YouTube "star," has fought - and lost - one professional (against another YouTube "star") bout, and his next one (pay/view) is with Floyd Mayweather. (Floyd must weigh in at under 160#, and Paul must weigh under 190#.)

Floyd's reason for fighting is "to bring more eyes to the sport" (He'd certainly never do it just for the money. tongue ), but I doubt that anybody who'd pay to see that sort of charade would have the least interest in watching a fight between two two legitimate boxers.

So much for the state of the sport.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire