Originally Posted By: ganbustein
Here's mine, omitting several unrelated " *** Missing bundle identifier ..." messages:

volume: /
path: /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent

pkgid: com.apple.pkg.Essentials
pkg-version: 10.4
install-time: Wed Feb 1 21:38:30 2006
uid: 0 (root)
gid: 0 (wheel)
mode: 4755 (?rwsr-xr-x )

grin Oh no you didn't.

[also, if anyone *new* is going to jump in here... it helps to know whether or not permissions repair is "reporting" any Warning: SUID file verbiage.]

Originally Posted By: ganbustein
I don't see any SHA-1 data in there, nor any mention of SHA-1 in man pkgutil. Changing "--file-info" to "--file-info-plist" gives me not output at all (beyond the "missing bundle identifier" messages).

Well Sir, you're the one who introduced me to pkgutil... so this is all your fault. wink

As you well know, Leopard Lite (10.5) is loaded with that info. I'll post the last entry (of 9):
Code:
$ pkgutil -v --file-info /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent
     volume: /
       path: System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent

pkgid: com.apple.pkg.update.os.10.5.8.combo
 pkg-version: 1.0.1.1191932192
install-time: Thu Sep  3 12:18:26 2009
         uid: 0 (root)
         gid: 0 (wheel)
        mode: 104755 (-rwsr-xr-x )
        sha1: <e5af66d2 8074b92e a70f4154 339ece31 e905e64b>

But you're right... from the looks of things in posts above, the digest is gone. So how then does Snowy determine "has been modified" now... via size and modification date??? [nah, i bet the info is still in there... hidden somewhere... we probably just need to hold down the *option* key now to see it. cool ]

--

EDIT(s): FWIW, the man pkgutil page in 10.5 doesn't "mention" SHA-1 (or sha1) either... but that's not too surprising, really. It's not as if companies (especially Apple) are about to reveal to the world all their inside stuff. I'm almost surprised that there *is* a man page for it, and that the binary resides in such an accessible location (like /usr/sbin/pkgutil), for us all to play around with it so easily. [What does whereis lsregister get us? Nothing... try locate]. I'm not even sure to what extent pkgutil is intended for developers. (Is it?) It's my *assumption* that /Library/Receipts/db/a.receiptdb was intended as an Apple-only area. [although... a recent Growl update did find its way in there.]

Last edited by Hal Itosis; 11/16/09 06:26 PM.