Originally Posted by artie505
Originally Posted by MartyByrde
Finally, this cloning issue is serious. What it could lead to is not being able to backup/clone a Mac anymore and have a reliable way to starting up from such a backup. I'm sure I do not speak for myself when I say that being able to restart your Mac from such a clone is convenient, efficient, and at times can be a sure fire way of easily recovering from a disaster. That is what I am "b**ching" about. And yes, it is personal also, as that is the way I want to continue on with my backups.

Finally, an opinion not presented as a fact, and I agree with it wholeheartedly.

Finally, a mature, well informed statement! But you still have not provided ?justification? with your statement that I am a Trump supporter. Why not? It would be good if you did, as it is patently false.

Originally Posted by artie505
Lack of ability to easily create bootable clones would be a disaster, both for users and Apple, which is why I don't believe the current situation was created deliberately to "kill off" CCC and SD!.

I wouldn't for a second put it past Apple to see an app they like and put its dev out of business by building hir functionality into macOS, but the notion that they'd deliberately code critical functionality out of existence is beyond comprehension.

While Apple might not show "directly" that they are trying to kill off SD and CCC, they sure are taking their sweet time with trying to ?get it fixed?. Remember, this has been going on since OS 10.15.5 was released (Yes, it was corrected in V10.15.6, but it reared its ugly head again when Big Sur was released back in November, and is still present).

One thing I am impressed with is that Mike Bombich and his staff were able to successfully develop a version of CCC that gets around this mess for Intel-based Macs. That would seem to mean Apple could help in getting the issue resolved, even for M1-based Macs. But from what I see, they don't seem very motivated to do just that.

Last edited by MartyByrde; 03/11/21 06:13 PM.