Originally Posted by MartyByrde
NO, I AM NOT KIDDING!

First, I am not a software engineer (although I am a former software developer, and used a different language, different applications, and different platforms). But all along, Apple has been touted as being so much more innovative than Microsoft, including the ease of using a Mac over a PC. Recently, it's very, very clear that Apple is moving away from that.

Secondly, unlike you, I do not listen to a tooth family, nor do I put a quarter under my pillow for the tooth fairy, nor do I listen to Rudy Giuliani. As it is, you are the one who lives in NY, not me! Hence, you would listen to him.

Third, and you FINALLY state something that makes sense, yes, I am pi**ed off that Apple is trying to kill off SD and CCC. Until Big Sur, everything was fine, but since then, not so good.

Fourth, regarding that snafu by Apple with V10.15.5 of Catalina, note what Mike Bombich says about it:

https://bombich.com/blog/2020/05/27...ts-bootable-backups-weve-got-you-covered

So, besides David N., even Mike B. moaned about it. You state that this snafu "nor was it the least bit relevant to any Big Sur problems". Yes, as far as running Big Sur, that is true. But, 1) it was very relevant to making backups with SD or CCC and Catalina, and 2) it showed just how callous and narrow minded Apple could be. If not, how could they fix it so easily in V10.15.6?

1. You've once again presented what appears to be your opinion as fact.

If it's indeed fact, please substantiate it as such, and if it's merely your opinion, please refer to any accurate report of the aftermath of the recent election for an example of fallout resultant from opinions being misrepresented as facts.

2. Inasmuch as you're a Trump supporter, I'm certain that Rudy's played a significantly more important part in your life recently than in New Yorkers' lives. (PS: You need to do some reading up on the the tooth fairy, and you'll do yourself a lot of good if you refrain from silly, pointless comebacks which demean you more than their intended targets.)

3. How can you seriously believe that Apple is trying to deliberately undermine their own business, which is what "kill[ing] off SD and CCC" would do?

4. I'm certain that it's totally fair to say that Apple fixed the 10.15.5 snafu as expeditiously in 10.15.6 as they fixed the 10.3.3 snafu in 10.3.4 because both were inadvertent coding errors.

You're taking this whole cloning issue way too seriously, not to mention personally.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire