Originally Posted by MartyByrde
How could I be expected to know that Terminal Command? Certainly, though, Apple is not moving very quickly (if at all) to fix the asr. That's just one reason why I say Apple no longer believes in the KISS philosophy: Keep It Simple, Stupid. Is there a terminal command for that?
Many Apple aficionados are familiar with the man command in Terminal. In fact, virtually all of the various utilities such as OnyX, TinkerTool, etc. are little more than GUI front ends for various Terminal commands. I simply made an incorrect assumption about the depth of your knowledge. The man (manual) command has its origins in Unix and long predates macOS X. If you ever have a question about any terminal command simply launch terminal an enter man +the command you are interested in. That is Unix however, so you have to be aware that everything in Terminal is case sensitive so it is "man asr" not "MAN asr" or "man ASR", or even "Man Asr". One other thing, although macOS is based on BSD Unix there are many macOS commands that are either unique to Apple or have Apple variant arguments. So the man command is more than useful, it is absolutely essential to using the command line in Terminal. I wish "man" had a search function so I could specify what I want and it would suggest possible commands to do it. (Hmmm 🤔. Wonder if Siri can do that? More research ☝️)

Last edited by joemikeb; 03/08/21 12:05 AM.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein