Originally Posted by freelance
I got the Pfizer jab. The next day, I felt like I've been hit in the arm with a sledge hammer. It was soreness, not pain, and it lasted a day. I felt fine otherwise. Don't know if it was the vaccine or the injection technique.

My wife got the AstraZeneca jab. She felt "frail" in the evening after her shot and went to bed early. Felt fine the next day.

We are both looking forward to our second jabs, but have to wait 12 weeks. Our government has decided to make us wait longer for the second jab so that more people could get their first jab. Makes sense to me.

We get our second jab in April (6th and 16th – different age groups).

Glad both of you are fine. In actuality, I am feeling a little tired, and a little "flush". However, I felt some what like that before I got the shot. My wife though is definitely feeling it. In fact, she is resting on the couch today (she was originally going to play cards with her Korean friends). As far as the injection technique, neither of us noticed and/or felt anything different, although I did feel a little "pinch" this time.

I don't know if it's s good idea to stretch out the time between doses. The clinical trials were performed with specific time frames between doses (21 days for Pfizer, and 28 for Moderna). I of course know those numbers are not set in stone, and in fact recently, it has been mentioned that the time frame between doses can be 4 to 6 weeks. (Fortunately, ours was 31 days (instead of the originally-stated 28 days), so we are good). But 12 weeks sounds like a long time. I just hope for your wife and yourself, those recommendations are based on solid scientific facts.

As it is, my wife and I are still going to continue with our self-quarantine, just like before we got the shots. I do suspect that we will eventually need a booster shot, given that the Moderna vaccine was developed based on the original strain of the virus. But fortunately, both Moderna and Pfizer are working on developing such a booster shot.

Last edited by MartyByrde; 03/05/21 09:16 PM.