Originally Posted by joemikeb
The primary issue I was concerned with involved kernel extension installations being blocked. It appears there is a difference of opinion on whether or not that has been corrected.

NOTE: macOS 11 is probably the last version of macOS that will permit the installation of any kernel extension as they create significant opportunities for security breaches. Future versions of macOS will require the use of system extensions that are entirely contained in the data volume. This will likely present significant challenges to some products due to major performance losses or even the ability to function at all.

Given macOS 11, and presumably subsequent macOS versions, boot from a cryptologicly sealed APFS snapshot that can only be created by the macOS installer, that is likely to present a very significant challenge to Micromat's eDrive and ProToGo product development as well.

So, to sum up, still don't know if it's an issue or not. I guess it will be a crap shoot as to whether things will be good or not with OS 11.3. Apple is sure making it more and more difficult to "like them". And here I thought Apple believed in the KISS philosophy: Keep It Simple, Stupid. Used to be that way.