Originally Posted by joemikeb
Yes the third beta was released but a couple of major M1 "fixes" that were expected to be in that beta were not present or accounted for 😠

Sorry, for your sake, to hear that. Do you know if this issue, which you had posted about previously, has been fixed?

""I have no experience with Big Sur on Intel Macs and there are definite differences, but from posts I have seen on other product support, web sites macOS 11.2 apparently broke some things associated with external boot drives that were working in 11.1. It appears the problem revolves around changes in the utility used to bless a boot drive. I have also seen reports similar to yours about the version of Disk Utility used to erase a volume. In both cases, early results indicate both issues are fixed in the current macOS 11.3 beta."

If you remember, that issue/discussion arose when I could not create the eDrive with the latest version of Tech Tool Pro. I would feel a lot more comfortable knowing that it has been fixed, as I plan on "moving" to OS 11.3 (at the expense of no more SuperDuper! (at least for now)), with the hope that all will be good with Tech Tool Pro.