Originally Posted by jchuzi
Originally Posted by MartyByrde
Also, V11.2 of Big Sur did cause some other issues which seem to have been corrected in the V11.3 beta. I'm hoping those corrected issues will resolve the eDrive issue with TTPro.
Can you be specific about those issues?

Sorry for the late reply. I had previously started the thread entitled "Carbon Copy Cloner Status", and the discussion eventually led to issues with the latest release of Tech Tool Pro and creation of its eDrive. On page 2 of that thread, our resident expert joemikeb made an extremely informative post, #57809. I'll quote it here directly to make it easier for you (and others):

"I have no experience with Big Sur on Intel Macs and there are definite differences, but from posts I have seen on other product support, web sites macOS 11.2 apparently broke some things associated with external boot drives that were working in 11.1. It appears the problem revolves around changes in the utility used to bless a boot drive. I have also seen reports similar to yours about the version of Disk Utility used to erase a volume. In both cases, early results indicate both issues are fixed in the current macOS 11.3 beta. Given macOS 11 is the biggest rework of Apple's OS since Mac OS X, you may have made the switch one update too soon."

Sure is helpful! Thus, that is one reason why I am waiting for the release of V11.3 of Big Sur before making the final move from Catalina.