Originally Posted by plantsower
As you know, I'm not big on change, and the move from Mojave to Catalina was not the big deal I thought it was going to be.... The only thing different for me is that not all videos will download as quickly as before and I have more websites that Safari can't load, so I go to Firefox as I did before. I know there is more security, but nothing pops up about it for me to click on.

Can you tell me the aspects you don't like? Maybe they won't be relevant to me and then I may consider going to Big Sur sooner rather than later. As far as the battery, I leave it plugged in for the most part so that doesn't bother me much.
Since battery life isn't an issue, there's nothing I can point to in Big Sur as a reason to not upgrade...only annoyances that you'll probably get used to (as I have).

In favor of upgrading, I'll wonder if maybe Safari 14 will cure your Safari 13 problems, although I still don't understand why you've got any problems at all with Safari failing to load websites. (With which new websites are you running into issues, and do they return any feedback?)

All told, I think an updated Safari is a good reason for you to make the move, but I'll suggest that you wait for 11.3 at the least.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire