I presume that by now you know my predilection for computing on the bleeding edge. So keep that in mind as you read this.

At this point, any significant issues remaining in Big Sur are almost exclusively confined to M1 Macs and will not effect your Mac with an Intel processor. That is not to say that because macOS 11 (Big Sur) is the biggest change to the Apple eco-system since OS X, combined with the necessity of being compatible with both Intel and Apple silicon has caused some utility developers to be slow getting their product to market, because that is true. But, most third party apps were updated within weeks, if not days, of the release of macOS 11. So for the average user, such as yourself, none of that is likely to effect you or your day-to-day use of your Mac. Remember this, the "voices" that are heard on forums such as FTM are primarily those who are having problems and represent only a tiny fraction of the users and in spite of that there have been multiple reports on FTM of Big Sur installs and upgrades with no problems. I would say go for it, the learning curve isn't going to get any shallower.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein