Originally Posted by plantsower
"Big SIr"
I love it! And coming from a Californian, no less. (Who have you got in mind, Rita?)

As for Big SUr, however, the most notable thing about it in my eyes is that it doesn't play nice with my MacBook Pro's battery, which doesn't deliver as much of a charge as it did in Catalina and takes too long to charge after it's been run down. The situation improved in 11.2, but has still got a ways to go. (It's apparently a universal thing.)

In a different vein, Big Sur's GUI is significantly unlike Catalina's, so much so that I can see some people hating it. It's actually kinda jarring until you finally get used to it, and it seems like I'm still stumbling on new aspects of it, even after 3 months.

Bottom line for me is that I've found nothing about Big Sur that makes it a compelling upgrade for me. I'd be no less happy, perhaps even happier, were I still in Catalina.

So far, I'd say that the best reason I can think of to upgrade is to stay current, because, as joemike is going to say in the next post, the learning curve is NOT going to get easier as time goes by.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire