OK, here is the reply I just received from Micromat regarding my eDrive issues:

"Thanks for the message. It sounds like the problem may be with the user that was active when the eDrive was created. This issue is quite common issue, especially when a user account has been migrated through multiple systems like a previous machine or earlier operating systems. To address this, one solution is to create a new admin user, and then log in as that user to create your eDrive. The reason we recommend creating a new admin user account and creating the eDrive from there is because it will utilize new ACL’s & Permissions and is a far simpler solution than the alternative of reseting the ACL’s on your account. (The New Admin User Account is just for the purpose of troubleshooting the eDrive creation failure.)

To create a new admin user open System Preferences and then select the Users & Groups preference pane (“Accounts" in 10.6 and earlier). Click the lock icon to unlock the preference pane so you can make changes. Next, click the plus icon at the bottom of the users column to create the new account. Change New Account from Standard to Administrator, and fill in a new username and password (It's ok to use the same password - makes it easier to remember.) Click Ok.

Once the new user has been created, log out (from the Apple menu) of you current user account and then log back in as the new user and open TechTool Pro from your Applications folder (you can skip signing into iCloud, etc.) Launch eDrive from the Mode menu and create a new eDrive partition, while logged into the new admin user account. Your new device will be based on the new user, so any time the eDrive requests a username and password, it will be the ones you just set up."

Sounds like a lot of work. I already responded to them, in that I am going to wait until V11.3 of Big Sur arrives before I try the move again. I also asked them if they are testing V13.0.2 of Tech Tool Pro with V11.3 (in beta) of Big Sur. I'll report on what they tell me.

By the way (forgot to mention this to Micromat), I've never had an issue regarding my User Account and making the eDrive. Seems like a strange excuse, but the way Apple has been doing things recently, who knows?

Last edited by MartyByrde; 02/08/21 08:25 PM.